Network marketing, also known as Multi-Level Marketing, is a business model that rewards people based on the number of people that they recruit. As a network marketer you represent a company. You promote and sell their products and earn a commission on your sales. However, you also recruit other people to join the company. For each person you recruit you also earn a commission on the sales they make.
Network marketers sell anything from candles and jewelry to herbal supplements and cleaning products. It’s an industry that has a lot of controversy. However, it’s also an industry that can make a lot of money, IF, you work hard and take it seriously.
When I first heard about Network Marketing was when I was a child ( I remember Tupperware and my mom buying any plastic gadget that you can imagine!) but I had also heard about being a “Scam or a Pyramid thing” which kept me away from the opportunity of exploring MLM for a while.
It was through my husband that I started learning a more healthy approach about MLM but without looking it as a business opportunity until I started having the need of finding something valuable to do that would help me generate some extra income while staying at home with my kids who where 3 and 1 ½ years old at the time. It was through some friend’s Facebook post that I got interested in this company, products and business opportunity. I’m a 11 years experienced fitness instructor and I was looking for a company whose mission, values and products were aligned with mine. I studied the compensation plan and found that it had not structure (legs). I did not have to keep or maintain inventory and I will get paid every day! The investment was minimal and there was not risk at all. I could get my investment back in less than 3 days. I really had nothing to lose so I joined!
It has been 3 years now since I became a network marketing professional and it has been an amazing and profitable journey. I have had good month and low months like in ANY other business. I have had to work hard on disciplining myself, learn some new kills, learn about the company and products and be a product of the products. I have had to deal with the fact that who you thought would support you and would jump in with you into the business would not (like close friends and family), rejections, friends that avoid you cause they don’t want to hear about your business opportunity (called SCAM behind your back!!) and so on. But all has been WORTHY it!
What I have loved the most is that sense of ownership. I control my time, I get to plan all my family activities around my business not vice-versa! I have the freedom to schedule trips, vacations, taking days off when needed, set up doctors appointments, play dates, etc without asking to a boss because I AM MY BOSS!! I’m saving a lot in daycares (my kids stay at home with me), gas (I don’t have to commute back and forth to any job place), tax saving (read The Financial Benefits of a Stay-at-Home Parent). Once I got to start building my organization, I started receiving what is called residual income, which is the income that continues to be generated after the initial effort has been expended. In other words, I’ve been on vacation with my family and I keep getting paid!!!
My other great reason to keep doing it, is the priceless feeling and reward of being able to help others to lose weight, improve their health and finance. Inspiring others to do the same with their friends and family. Being a messenger of health and wellness.
So, if this is something that you as a Stay-at-Home mom would like to explore, here are some steps that you need to take:
- Step #1 Decide if You Have What It Takes to Succeed: Network marketing is about educating and talking with people. If you don’t enjoy sales or talking to people, then it’s not the right business for you. However, if you enjoy engaging people and talking about their life and their problems (and how your products can solve their problems), then you’ve found a calling. You also want to be self-motivated. Network marketers are self-employed. There’s no boss hanging over your shoulder telling you to get to work. You have to tell yourself to get to work. You have to set your own goals and keep yourself accountable to achieve them.
- Step #2 Find A Company That Appeals to You: Because you’re going to be a sales person, it is vitally important that you like the products you’re selling and that you believe in them. Sure you can sell things you don’t believe in, but it’s easier to be successful if you do. You’ll also want to make sure it is a company that has a good reputation both with customers and with sales people. The reason the industry has a bit of controversy is because a few bad apples get a lot of attention. There are many good and reputable network marketing companies.
- Step #3 Find a Mentor: A mentor will help you skip all the beginner mistakes everyone else makes. You’ll be able to launch your career and your income much faster. A mentor may also have some insider secrets and tips that you can use right away. Finally, a mentor is good to help you get and stay motivated. If you don’t want to find a mentor, consider creating a team of other network marketers to meet and motivate each other on a regular basis.
- Rule 1 – Detach yourself from the outcome: Focus on Education and Understanding to educate other about your company and products instead of convince them to join.
- Rule 2 – Be Yourself: Focus on being your best self.
- Rule 3 – Bring some Passion: Be enthusiastic, positive, smiley, inspiring
- Rule 4 – Have a Strong Posture: Be bold, be strong, believe
“If you are a person with big dreams and would love to support others in achieving their big dreams, then the network marketing business is definitely a business for you. You can start your business part-time at first and then as your business grows, you can help other people start their part-time business. This is a value worth having – a business and people who help others make their dreams come true.” - Robert Kiyosaki
Have you ever considered joining an Network Marketing Company? If not, what have stopped you from doing it? Please share.Blessings,
Trackback from your site.