Are you itching to become an entrepreneur or namely a “Mompreneur”? If you have an idea of what you want, you can start your business today. If you don’t have an idea, don’t worry. I would love to help you out with that.
Being a mom is not easy. You are busy all the time. Between your family and your home there is almost no time for anything else. But, you have been bitten by the entrepreneurial bug. And one of the prime reasons is your family.
In this time of recession and loss of jobs, it seems funny to start up new businesses. But all enterprises have not been affected by the recession. Many internet businesses are still doing well. They have the advantage of putting you in touch with potential clients from around the world who may not be in financial trouble right now. And, if you have a great niche product or service, people will continue to buy anyway.
Today, it is estimated that there are more than 8.3 million women-owned businesses in the United States. These women owned businesses are responsible for employing upwards of 7.7 million people and generating nearly $1.3 trillion in revenue, according to the State of Women-Owned Business Report.
So, if you are a mom and you want to make extra money starting your own business, here are a few ideas that may be helpful to you. One thing to consider is your area of interest and passion. These will drive the idea for your new small business.
- Set up an online store: This can be done on eBay or another marketplace. You can sell items that you have around your home. If you are a crafter and create dolls, clothing or other items, sell them in your online store. Here, you can set a price for items instead of using the auction and having people bid. EBay also provides many tools (both free and paid) for sellers to utilize to grow their store
- Take surveys: Survey takers are needed to do market research for many companies. You can make good money signing on with businesses to get paid for sampling products.
- Home-based service business: Do you do alterations, fix computers, or watch kids in your spare time? You can take your expertise and turn it into a business that you can run out of your home. This will require a home office or other set-up for you to entertain clients and also to perform the day-to-day operations of your business.
- Online business: If you can offer a service that will be of benefit to people in all areas of the world, an online website business may be for you. For example, let’s say that you are a writer. You can offer your expertise as a freelance writer to clients needing content for websites, writers needing editors for their books, and other content needs to help grow their businesses. With a website, anyone anywhere can find you.
- Direct sales are one of the most enduring business models out there: If you have extra time and want to be your own boss, consider a direct sales business. Have you ever heard of Tupperware, Pampered Chef or Avon? These are direct sales businesses. There is a parent company that offers a variety of products. These products are, in turn, sold through individuals who are called consultants, sales associates, distributors or representatives. For a share of the profit of the sales they make, the company offers rewards, incentives and advancement opportunities.
There are a variety of online and offline service businesses that can be started by you, the Mompreneur. Start with your passion and go from there. In my case, I feel passionate about health and wellness, healthy eating, exercise. I also love to connect with people and motivate them or encourage them to live life to the fullest. I’ve always loved the idea of being my own boss, of being able to spend quality time with my kids. I also love to travel. That is why I chose a Direct Sale company that offers safe and natural supplementation to help with energy, weight loss and overall health. This business has given me the opportunity to help others not only to lose weight but to improve their overall health while at the same time generate an additional income that definitely has been a blessing to us. If you would like to know more about my company and my products, please comment below. I would love to send you more information about the business opportunity and how you can start achieving your health and financial goals. Also, please share and comment what you are passionate about and what your idea is of being a Mompreneur.to help you find the right home-based business fit for you!
Trackback from your site.